PRIVACY IN THE DIGITAL AGE
TRAINING & EDUCATION PROGRAM
Our personal information is critical to our lives in the Digital Age. Yet most people lack a basic awareness of the privacy risks they face in their daily lives, how they can keep their data secure, and how they can protect themselves from identity theft.
•Students, parents, educators — and everyone else — must learn about privacy. It is one of the basic facets of life today.
TeachPrivacy offers a complete program to educate students, parents, and educators about privacy. Our program consists of a series of short videos and guides. Our materials cover:
1. What Is Privacy? Why Does It Matter?
2. A History of Privacy
3. Identity Theft
Our program includes:
• Videos and curriculum materials and guides for 1 to 3 class hours with students
• Videos and guides for schools to make available to parents on school websites
• Videos and guides to train administrators, teachers, and staff (less than 1 hour total)
HOW TO USE THE PROGRAM
1. Show videos to students and use our curriculum guides to engage in a discussion with students.
2. Put parent materials on your website.
3. Show videos to educators – each topic is about 15 minutes and can be covered individually or all at once.
A SAMPLE OF OUR MATERIALS
In order to view the videos, you must have Adobe Flash Player installed in your browser. If you don’t have Adobe Flash Player, click here to download and install it (will take only about 1 minute and does not require a reboot).
What Is Privacy? Why Does It Matter?
This video provides an in-depth awareness about information privacy and explains the various threats and risks to privacy in today’s digital age.
A History of Privacy
This video discusses the history of privacy from antiquity to present day.