ONLINE SOCIAL MEDIA
TRAINING & EDUCATION PROGRAM
Employees are using social media and creating risks for their employers. In a number of cases, employees revealed confidential information about clients and customers on their blogs and social network profiles. Spear phishers are using social media sites to mine for data to use to trick employees into giving over sensitive data from their organizations.
TeachPrivacy offers a program to educate employees about how to use social media responsibly in ways that will not cause trouble for themselves for for their employers.
The Benefits of Social Media Training
What are the benefits of having a social media use training program?
• protect the reputation of your organization and employees
• inform employees that careless social media use creates risks to themselves, their colleagues, and their employers
• provide guidance about how employees should express themselves online
• ensure employees have a basic understanding of social media website privacy settings
• improve the effectiveness of your social media policy by training employees about its importance
• prevent privacy and data security violations
Our program consists of a:
• short video
• testing module
Full-length Version: ~12 mins
Abridged Version: ~5.5 mins
Topics covered include:
• importance of maintaining confidentiality
• social media website privacy settings
• myth of total anonymity
• importance of expressly distinguishing personal versus employer views
• dangers of invasions of privacy, libel, and harassment
• danger of revealing details about a person even if that person isn’t identified
Our program is short, engaging, and memorable. Professor Solove effectively conveys the message by discussing several true cautionary tales.
PREVIEW THE VIDEO
Tips for Watching the Video
If the video won’t display, it might be because you don’t have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed in your browser. If you don’t have Adobe Flash Player, click here to download and install it (will take only about 1 minute and does not require a reboot).
If the video stops and starts during playback, it could be because of a slow connection. The video is in HD and it takes up a lot of bandwidth. To improve playback, try one or more of the following steps:
(1) Try watching in full screen mode — click the icon in the lower right corner with the four arrows. In this mode, the video sometimes streams more smoothly.
(2) Hit play, then hit pause, let the video load up for a few minutes into the player, and then resume watching.
(3) Toggle off the HD. To do this, start playing the video, then hit the HD button on the bottom of right hand side of the video player.